Sunday, April 1, 2012

They Got Some Money Back!

I met with a wonderful family here in Dallas this past Thursday.  Mom passed away at a beautiful old age.  Her service was this afternoon at Sparkman Hillcrest Funeral Home.  Everything went exactly as planned.  Or should I say, exactly as SHE planned!

You see, 20 years ago, mom decided on her casket, vault cemetery spaces with her late husband and all the accessories.  She met with a counselor here in Dallas, wrote everything down and paid for it all.  Because the plans were written differently back then, her family is actually getting money back today.  In our conference, the kids (probably in their 60's) remarked just how wonderful and easy things were because mom had taken care of everything when she was their age.

I know what you are thinking: Jordan's going to really lay it on thick this week when he goes to visit them!  Truth is, I don't have to give them a hard sell.  I don't have to sell them anything.  They told me how easy things were.  I just have to retell mom's story and then ask the question: Don't you want your children to have as easy and beautiful an experience as you did?  They have such warm memories of their mother's funeral and we can recreate that for their children with pre-planning.  I never sell anything; I create memories.

Certainly we want them to live another 20 or 30 years.  But wouldn't it be nice if their children didn't have to open their wallets on the worst day of their lives and perhaps, just perhaps, love their parents even more because they were so thoughtful when they followed in the footsteps of their beloved mother.

You can do the same; just write or give me a call.

Remember: Always walk on the bright side of life.

Jordan Parr
Sparkman Hillcrest Funeral Home
Dallas, TX
214.734.0204
jordan.parr@dignitymemorial.com

No comments:

Post a Comment